Employer: AGR Partners LLC
Position: Managing Director
Location: Davis, CA
- Draw on experience with financial modeling, quantitative analysis, investing in minority equity, high yield debt, different levels of capital structure, and buyouts and restructurings to be responsible for Origination and Pipeline Development, Deal Execution, and Portfolio Company Management for investing in agribusinesses along the agriculture and food value chain, which includes agriculture inputs, production, food and beverage processors, food distribution, and infrastructure.
- Diagnose target firms’ economics with efficiency and accuracy.
- Monitor financial and operational performance of AGR Partners’ investment portfolio and identify key concerns for strategic review.
- Analyze and define sector of AGR Partners’ investment focus.
- Develop AGR Partners’ reputation among our industry and build a referral network with quality intermediaries and advisors.
- Manage the transaction process, including overseeing and maintaining investment model building, investment approval documentation, due diligence activities, and legal documentation.
- Mitigate company risk, including legal documentation, investments structuring, and on-going operational risks.
- Analyze and enhance alignment of incentives with investee company’s management team. Communicate effectively with the Investment Committee, third-party advisors, limited partners, and all transaction process stakeholders.
- Maintain and develop relationships with investment and transaction partners.
- Develop and implement creative strategic initiatives to increase value.
- Provide directions to Associates and Analysts.
- 50 to 75% domestic and international travel required for origination, execution and portfolio management.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent*, in Business, Economics, Finance, Management, or a related field
* Employer will accept as equivalent a 3-year degree combined with any suitable combination of education, training or experience that is equated by a qualified credential evaluation service to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: 5 years of experience reflecting demonstrable ability in the skill set described above (may include experience used to meet Bachelor’s equivalency).
Please send resume’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated self-starter willing to work in a fast-paced environment with the opportunity for growth.
- Work directly with the senior team members and gain experience in the pursuit, analysis, and completion of food and agribusiness investments.
- Provide investment support to the AGR team.
- Participate in the creation and presentation of data essential to the decision-making process of the firm’s leadership and investors.
- Conduct extensive financial modeling, including sensitivity analysis, to support potential investment opportunities.
- Provide initial investment review and screening of prospective investment opportunities for the firm as well as tracking of the firm’s investment pipeline.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of assets with the firm’s portfolios including review of monthly operating results and maintaining project pro forma.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry, trade and professional organizations to enhance visibility of the firm and its portfolio companies in the market place.
- Support the firm’s investment team with projects that increase productivity.
- Travel up to 25% of the month.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Finance, Accounting, or Economics with related work experience.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to perform company valuations, prepare investment reports, and compile data.
- Experience in the agriculture or food industry is a positive.
- Investing Experience, personal and/or professional
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work on multiple projects simultaneously, track responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented, responsible, and conscientious.
- Strong team player.
- An inquiring mind and an interest in learning.
- Ability to enjoy and contribute to a collegial, small-firm culture.
Please send resume’s to email@example.com